We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life.But those who make their journey home across time & miles,growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands.

--- Kristi Larson

February 19, 2009

King Size Bed

Last night I was thanking the Lord for our king size bed. We have never been the type to have kids or pets in the bed with us, but last night we broke all the rules and had the whole family sleeping in the same bed...including the cat. Malakai has been having a very hard time staying asleep he wakes up a lot and still wants to be awake for a while. It seemed like he was sleeping better when was held or laying with Jared so he just slept on Daddy's belly. Sometime in the middle of the night Aspen came up and was upset so she climbed in too. I fear this might become a habit because Aspen has been waking up every night one or two times for a few months now. Before she has always gone back to her room and we cuddle, she goes back to sleep and then I come back to bed...well, we'll see how long that lasts now that she's had a night in our bed. I don't know how long I can take the the tag-team-waking that the kids have been doing. Night before last I got 3 hours of sleep when I finally got to sleep from 4:30-7:30 and then had to get up for Malakai's doctor's appointment. All I can think is "this too shall pass"

On a happier note, at his doctor's appointment my doctor told me that our orphanage staff must have done a great job of picking him up and holding him because she was sup prised that his head was not flat. What a great compliment for Hannah's Hope! He was healthy and has good growth percentiles so that made me happy too.

2 comments:

Tiana said...

That's great that Malakai's appointment went so well. It's obvious that the Lord has had his hand on your sweet boy for his whole life! =) As for the kids in the bed thing and the no-sleep thing...I'm so sorry! I can't sleep a wink if Juliana is resting in bed with us. I hope it's just a passing phase for you!

Clark and Sarah said...

We are having sleep trouble too. Jessa will not sleep more than a few hours at a time in her crib but will sleep better in our bed. Tobin has been waking up a few times as well and crying and very upset. So I take care of Tobin and usually end up falling asleep in his bed with him and Clark sleeps with Jessa in her bed. I never get enough sleep! I am hoping that once we are all adjusted and bonded the sleeping thing will get better.