We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life.But those who make their journey home across time & miles,growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands.

--- Kristi Larson

December 5, 2007

Homestudy Application and Inspiration

We received our homestudy application in the mail yesterday. Looking through all the paperwork and documents to be completed seems very overwhelming. We should also be receiving our dossier packet from AGCI anytime. I'm hoping to be able to get a good jump start on some of the paperwork this week and next before the holidays get too crazy.

I just finished reading a book that came with our adoption packet called The Strength of Mercy by Jan Beazely. This book spoke straight to my heart. It is the story of the adoption that started the whole ministry of All God's Children International. God confirmed over and over through this book that this is what we are supposed to be doing, and that he has done the same work in many other people's lives. Many of the same verses that have given me strength and comfort concerning our adoption were quoted in this book. The way the Lord put the heavy burden of love on the mother's heart was exactly the same as he did for me. It was so great to get a big picture view of the whole process, emotions, trials, ups-and downs, and ultimately a very rewarding journey with God to end in a blessed new family member. I can only hope that our story is as great as that one. I can't wait to see what is in store for us along the way. One of the neatest parts of the book was a letter that the mother wrote telling what God had spoken to her:

"My holy hand of protection hangs over this child. You have been chosen and called for such a time as this. Be persistent and do not be distracted by other people's opinions. Walk in faith believing that I have a plan. I will make a way where there is now way, a path where there is no path. Obedience is better than sacrifice. Will you dare to live dangerously? Will you trust Me completely to do only what will ultimately be the best for you and your family? I see the cries. I will take you a new direction, and many lives will be touched as a direct result of your obedience. Remember, as you have done it unto the least of these my brethren, you have done it unto me." Jan Beazely

After reading this book and a blog site of another AGCI couple who just got their daughter in August I'm more than anxious to get started. I just hope I can be patient enough. Keep checking in with us because we should start to have more updates now that the process is moving along.

7 comments:

stacnjul said...

I am soooo happy for you guys! Here is another great blog: bottomlysandethiopia.blogspot
It made me think of you:)
Mine is lame, but here it is
laidonourhearts.blogspot
~Julia

The Redman's said...

Just found your blog... we're an AGCI family as well. Linked you guys to our blog. :)

-Suzi

obligato said...

yea! We are with AGCI as well...check out my blog. Looking forward to sharing in your journey!!

obligato said...

yea! We are with AGCI as well...check out my blog. Looking forward to sharing in your journey!!

obligato said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
obligato said...

no thats wonderful! Thanks!!

obligato said...

Please link my page to yours! That would be so great! Thanks so much!!