We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life.But those who make their journey home across time & miles,growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands.

--- Kristi Larson

December 21, 2007

(RED)

I just thought I'd let you all know I added a link to www.joinred.com so you could check it out. For those of you who have not heard of it I have posted its description here:

What (RED) Is
(RED) was created by Bono and Bobby Shriver, Chairman of DATA to raise awareness and money for The Global Fund by teaming up with the world's most iconic brands to produce (PRODUCT)RED branded products. A percentage of each (PRODUCT)RED product sold is given to The Global Fund. The money helps women and children affected by HIV/AIDS in Africa.

What's the meaning of the parentheses or brackets? Well, we call them "the embrace." Each company that becomes (RED) places its logo in this embrace and is then elevated to the power of red. Thus the name -- (PRODUCT)RED.

You, the consumer, can take your purchase to the power of (RED) simply by upgrading your choice. Thus the proposition: (YOU)RED. Be embraced, take your own fine self to the power of (RED). What better way to become a good-looking samaritan?!


I just though it would be very fitting to have this link on my page since this is one of the things that inspired me to do something in Africa. Little did I know that it would take me this far. I hope you will all visit the website and see how your purchases could help save lives. The products make great gifts too, perfect for last minuite Christmas shopping.

We sent off our Power of Atourney forms today to get state certified, and other that that the only paperwork for our dossier that we have left is a police clearance... moving right along.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting your paperwork in! I just recieved my paperwork for you and I'm trying to figure out what to say so I can sound half way intelligent! ;) The (RED) thing looks pretty cool! We're praying for you!
~The Chess Family

MiaJ said...

I love (RED) products! Thanks for spreading the word. Good luck on your adoption!

Michael and Michelle said...

Nice to meet you! Thanks for the comment on our blog. Are you wanting a boy, girl or either?? We are waiting for either. Have you had your finger printing done yet?
I can't wait to be a number on the waiting list for a baby!!!
Merry Christmas!
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Hi Whitney, It's Virginia Shelton. I'm intrigued by (RED). I did not know about such a thing. Please tell me more next time I see you.
I wish I were 30 years younger. I might think of adopting from Africa. I think I'd best help out monitarily. Love, Virj