We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life.But those who make their journey home across time & miles,growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands.

--- Kristi Larson

March 17, 2008

finger printing tomorrow

We have one more background check to send off and we will be getting fingerprinted for that tomorrow afternoon. I don't want to sound like I'm complaining, but we sure have spent a fortune to prove we are upstanding citizens!

On a less official note, we have had a change in plans concerning our Ethiopian food experience. I knew as I was writting that post that something would come up. Anyway, we are now flying back home at the end of April and will be spending a few days there with friends and family to celebrate our daughter's birthday(I'll start calling her Roxy for privacy). While we are down there we will get some Ethiopian food! It will be a quick trip, but fun none-the-less. Our social worker said she hopes to have our report sent to AGCI by the end of this week, or begining of next week, so prayers that it would go that way would be great! I'll be glad when this part is done, it is such a stressful time crammed into a short 3-4 month period. I don't think I have ever read so many books, on-line courses, websites, and packets in that amount of time. I counted 6 books, 15 on-line courses, 5 magazine articles, two 3-ring binders full of adoption info, and too many websites to count all since January 1, 2008! We still have to finish one book and start another. I'll be glad when we can slow down some and use the next waiting period to continue learning, but at a slower pace. Who knows maybe even pick up a fiction book or read the ONE book I have been wanting to read since the begining,There's No Me Without You

On still another note, I lost some really cute fabric I bought for our little guy's quilt :( I'm so sad. I don't know what happened but it was the PERFECT African print and I loved it. The worst part is that it was several years old and they could not get anymore in. Maybe it will still turn up, but if not I'll be really bummed! Well, I guess that's all since I don't have any improtant updates I just have to fill the space with what I've got.

3 comments:

Brian and Autumn said...

By the end of this we will could all become livescan operators and know exactly which finger comes next... :)

Michael and Michelle said...

IS that your FDL??? or just the one for the state??
Soon all the paperwork will come to an end and you will be "waiting"...then when the wait is over, more and more paperwork:)
Michelle

Our journey said...

Yeah for fingerprinting..again. We are going to get, hopefully our last fingerprints, done next week when we file our I-600a.

Do criminals get theirs taken this much?

Amy