We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life.But those who make their journey home across time & miles,growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands.

--- Kristi Larson

March 26, 2008

Homestudy is at AGCI

Finally our homestudy has made it to AGCI for review!! This has taken so long (in my impatient mind anyway) that when I saw the email from our social worker saying she sent it in I was excited but also had a little reality check moment. You know, one of those moments when you step back and think...this is really going to happen. It was good, and the thought that we are so close to entering the next "phase" of the process was really exhilarating. My heart and mind have been completely consumed by thoughts, prayers and yearnings for Africa lately. I have even been dreaming about it.

My second dream about our son came a few nights ago, Easter Sunday to be exact. I dreamed that I was holding him and nursing him for the first time. We connected, and I just gazed down at his beautiful warm colored face and knew he was ours. I love these dreams just as I loved the ones when I was pregnant with my daughter. What a sweet way for me to start connecting with the spirit of our son.

I started reading There's No Me Without You by Melissa Fay Greene, and I am just blown away. This book is so good for me. It has helped me get a little better picture of what things are really like in Ethiopia, and has put our adoption into perspective. In the midst of all the emotional ups and downs and waiting it can be tempting to create a fairy tale in our minds leading up to the "Happily Ever After" when we finally meet our child. But hearing personal stories about toddlers being stripped from their dying father's hands and little girls aching over the loss of the only caregivers they have ever known, and seeing pictures of their faces covered in tears breaks my heart but gives me a much clearer picture of what we are doing. I would highly recommend this book to anyone, but especially those who feel a nudge in their heart for Africa.

Continued prayer for paperwork processing would be great! We are more than ready to move into the waiting stage.

7 comments:

Our journey said...

Congrats on the progress! I pray your homestudy will be approved more quickly than mine. It took 2 1/2 weeks, because Martha was out of the office so much when mine was sent in. Soon that dossier can quit collecting dust and you can mail it in! Yeah!

I am glad you finally got to start reading There's No Me Without You. It is such a powerful story. I am already ready to reread it. There is so much history of Ethiopia and AIDs, as well as the stories of the children.

Look forward to hearing about your approval!

Amy

Brian and Autumn said...

Oh good!! Does that mean that your FBI clearance is back already or is Martha reviewing your home study without the FBI clearances being done?!?

And I loved There Is No Me Without You. It is such a great book.

Michael and Michelle said...

Whoohooo!!!!!
Next FDL??????
I am very happy for you guys!!! I can't wait for you to move to the next phase of waiting.
Michelle

Brian and Autumn said...

Guess what?!? We are one day behind you. Watch out :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! I can't believe you guys are getting closer. I'm sure the reality check was huge for you.
The book sounds really interesting. Maybe I can add it to my list of "to-reads"!
Cassie

Jennifer said...

Thanks for stopping by our blog! I can't wait to continue to follow your journey. Congrats on your latest milestone. There is No Me Without You is on my list of books to read...I know it will be a life changer.

stacnjul said...

I am sooo glad you got that book!!! I just got mine back, sorry:(
Yeah, it is getting so close! I can't wait to meet your little man too. Did you hook up with that other family or just on the phone? We all need to have lunch or something, that would be fun!
XOXOX~Julia