We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life.But those who make their journey home across time & miles,growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands.

--- Kristi Larson

August 26, 2008

Fun Morning Moment

So this morning I was checking my email and I clicked on one from my dad that said something about the #1 hit on the day you were born. I thought it might be kind of fun to see how it related to me or if I even knew it. So you go to this website http://www.joshhosler.biz/NumberOneInHistory/SelectMonth.htm and click on the month and then the day and it gives you all the songs that were at #1 on your birthdays. So I scrolled down and recognized quite a few and several that have had special meaning to me over the years, and then I found my birth year.

Ready...the song was:

Africa by Toto

This made me smile so big. To some this may seem like a silly coincidence, but I know it is God who gives you those fun little nudges. It is a good reminder that on the very day I was born God new that my heart would be called to Africa. The song is a little vague and silly, but I do like the chorus...

Chorus:
It's gonna take a lot to drag me away from you
There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do
I blessed the rains down in Africa
Gonna take some time to do the things we never had

I feel like this fits well for our adoption :) Just wanted to share my fun moment with you all. You should check out your song and see if there is any cool meaning in it for you.

1 comment:

Our Princess said...

No Way! I hadn't checked your blog in a while either! That is nuts about that song! The first day my hubby went back to work after we had started thinking about switching from Vietnam to Ethiopia, the song was the first one he heard on his store's playlist. He called me & said he knew our daughter was in Africa! Isn't that funny how God uses that song! I love that it was #1 on the day you were born! You are getting so close to #1! Get ready, girl!!! I know you are!