We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life.But those who make their journey home across time & miles,growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands.

--- Kristi Larson

September 21, 2008

Time Flys...

I have been having so much fun on my mini-vacation in CO. I came down 10 days early for my best friend's wedding that happened yesterday. We have been busy and enjoying wonderful times visiting with friends and family while here. I was really hoping that this would take my mind off of the hard wait through court closures. I was really excited to be away from the computer for a few days so I could stop torturing myself looking at blogs that were not posting about referrals as soon as I was hoping for. I thought this will be nice and then once October comes I can start getting excited again. Well apparently the few days I WAS away from the computer everyone and thier brother got a referral! My sweet husband called me Friday night while I was playing the game Catch Phrase with my three best friends the night before the wedding. This is how it went:

J: Hey, how's it going?

Me: Good what's up? (thinking I need to get back to my game)

J: Well, are you sitting down?

Me: Um yeah, (getting a little nervous b/c I didn't know if it was good or bad)

J: Well, Autumn emailed us and said we are unnoffically #2

Me: WHAT??!! Did you say NUMBER TWO?!! (all girls in the circle looking at me with huge eyes)

J: Yep!

After that we talked for a few minutes and were so excited. Thanks again to our wonderful blog friend Autumn for keeping us updated, it has been so helpful while I've been busy. I couldn't have asked for a better time to find out about the movement. My three best friends were there in person and were SO excited for us. It was such a blessing to see the true excitement and love that they have for me and for our son already. I'm glad it wasn't the actual referral call because I would have hatted for my focus to be torn between two very exciting things and I would never want to take away from my friend's wedding day. It sure made for a fun and exciting night. Now I can't wait to be posting about the actual referral. For the first time it seems like it will actually happen. I'm SO EXCITED!

9 comments:

Our journey said...

Yeah for you guys! Praying our calls come soon. This is starting to be a little bit of torture!

cb4swife said...

I am so excited for you...Thanks for popping by my blog and leaving the wonderful comment. I'll be praying you get "the call" soon! God Bless....Shannon

Melissa said...

Your call will come soon...you will be a mommy to that little one who is already sleeping sweetly and dreaming about you.

Prayers and blessings,
melissa

thelowreysfour said...

OH!!!!! We are so excited for you. I can't wait for you guys to have your little boy actually in your arms.
Keep us updated!

Three2Five said...

I am so happy for you!! #2! I am so excited for you. It won't be long...And once you get that phone call it really feels like it was a blink of an eye that you waited. I am praying for a really quick blink!

Cassie said...

It was so exciting to hear your news! I wish that I could be there with you guys to see the pictures! I'm so proud of how far you guys have come and how much commitment you have to your dream.
It was such a great week spending time with you, hopefully it won't be too long before we can do it again. I already miss you!

Brian and Autumn said...

Yeah for #2!!! That is SO close - considering 5 boy referral happened in one week! It could literally happen any day now!!! I am so glad that Jared was able to get ahold of you at the perfect time. What fun news to share with all your good friends! I can't wait for you to experience just how wonderful referral day really is :)
Autumn

Bethany said...

Hi! I found your blog a few days ago! We tooa re adopting from ET and we received our referral last Thursday! I love the necklace...cute idea! I also would love to see your scrapbooks!

A brief bio: said...

Great, great news! Wahoo #2... Crystal