We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life.But those who make their journey home across time & miles,growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands.

--- Kristi Larson

December 23, 2008

An Early Christmas Present





Thank you all for the prayers and encouragement you poured out on us before our court date. The judge did in fact wake up, go to work and approve our case!! I'm so grateful to the Lord for answering our prayers. We have two babies to celebrate this holiday season our savior Jesus and our little guy Malakai "M" Murphy. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

We still have to wait for our official court decree in order to find out when we will travel, but it looks like it will be the end of January or the first week of February. I can't believe it will be in one month!

My sleep has definitely been affected by the adoption lately. I have had two different dreams that we got our kiddo home and it was a girl instead of a boy, but this is because I've been looking at all my blog friend's beautiful girls that have come home recently. Also, last night I woke up ever single hour and each time I did I would pray that if the court hearing was taking place that hour that we would be approved. Mom's always have that 6th sense and wake up when their kids need something, but I have to say that was impressive from half way around the world;) We are so happy and excited to have this news passed on to us much sooner that we thought it would be THANK YOU AGCI!

11 comments:

Tiana said...

HOORAY! That is great news. I can't believe that you all will finally be traveling in just a short months time. I can't wait to hear how wonderful it is to have two little ones brightening up your home. Merry Christmas and congrats!

Brian and Autumn said...

I am so excited for you and THRILLED that you heard so quickly. Praise the LORD!!! I am still crossing my fingers that maybe I can slip into that travel group with you :)
Autumn

Erin said...

Congratulations! I am so happy to hear you passed court, and how exciting to wake up hourly to pray for your little guy. That's awesome!
Erin

Jenny said...

Whitney,
I just checked your blog this morning, and had a feeling you would be getting the best Christmas gift ever, so I checked it again.
PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jenny L.

Clark and Sarah said...

So wonderful to hear! We passed too. Looks like we might be traveling together to get our children!

Jana said...

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh!

Matt and Emily said...

Yeah I am so excited!!! We passed too! I am still in shock.
Merry Christmas.

thelowreysfour said...

What a wonderful Christmas gift! We are happy for you! Praise God!

Leann said...

That's so funny about the dreams...I dreamt last night that my husband went to get our James without me and that he was 4 instead of 7 months and that he was not the healthy boy we had been told about, but had a big abdominal wall defect that hadn't been repaired!! Thank goodness those are only dreams! Can't wait to meet you in person!

Kristi J said...

Isn't AGCI just wonderful! So excited for you all...Can't wait to get our referral, kristi

Cassie said...

I'm so thrilled! You're on your way. You can just count the days now. :) Merry Christmas!!