We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life.But those who make their journey home across time & miles,growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands.

--- Kristi Larson

December 12, 2008

10 Days

Well we have just been doing the holiday thing and waiting for our court date. We only have 10 days until it happens. I just really wish we could find out sooner than the 5th of January, that is torture! I have mixed feelings about this period of the adoption. On one hand I feel like we should be getting so much more prepared and excited, but on the other hand it has been the least involved part of the whole process. In the paperwork phase we were so busy with forms, plans, home study etc. and then on to the waiting list where each month we got an update and moved forward. Then the referral came and all that we had to get done for that but now we just sit and wait. We get no updates on our little guy like I thought we would, no photos like so many other families got while they waited, no info on how our case is proceeding, really nothing at all right now. Oh wait, I take that back we do have to get shots next week...whoopee! I don't mean to sound negative, but it just feels a little empty looking at a picture of a child who will soon be my son but I don't know him, hear him, see him, or feel him. All I have is the connection through a few photos and prayers. I feel like I have to keep my heart in a semi guarded state in case we do not pass court the first time, but at the same time I want to start preparing for the new attachment and life that will be a part of our family. It reminds me a lot of waiting for labor. I started thinking two weeks before my due date that I could have my daughter ANY TIME...well four weeks later she popped out 14 days late! I don't do well with that any-moment-now type of waiting for long periods of time. I'm glad I have Christmas keep me occupied through this time of torn emotions. I just can't wait until we have travel dates, then I will be able to whole heartedly start preparing. I just can't wait to hold that little guy.

5 comments:

Our journey said...

Whitney you are speaking right to my heart. Know that you are not alone in this place. I also feel like I have to keep my heart guarded until we pass through courts. It is going to be too hard to be excited and find out we have to wait another month for a court date. I also feel unmotivated. To me it still feels like it is never going to happen. I will be in continued prayer for you, because waiting to hear about you court date is not going to be easy. God will be with you and your family and friends will be there to support you too.

Cassie said...

I can't relate to waiting for your adoption to come to a close, but I can relate to waiting for labor. I'm sure this is tough for you, but i bet it will be just like when you have a baby. All that waiting will seem like nothing when you finally get to hold your little one in your arms. Stay strong and we will be praying for you.

Jenny said...

Whitney,
I am looking forward to your court news,and am very excited for you,although I am well aware of the difficulty of this part of the process!!
Gods blessings upon you!
Jenny L.

Daisy said...

At least we have Christmas to focus on. December usually FLYS...what a blessing that the "waiting" stage is during December. I just told someone that very thing the other day. I think you're right..."doing" homestudy, "doing" dossier, "doing" referral stuff...now we WAIT? I've been filling my son's bookshelf with "boy books"... wish we knew sizes and could start searching clearance for toddler clothes!

stacnjul said...

Ohhhhhh, I know it is torture! I promise this time will seem to have flown by as soon as you get him in your arms:-) Could you take a couple of things to ET when you go? Just a couple of pictures for Kyah's mom, it is soooo expensive to mail ourselves. Let me know, and you are as always in our prayers!