We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life.But those who make their journey home across time & miles,growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands.

--- Kristi Larson

November 24, 2008

We have a court date!





Exactly 8 months after we got on the waiting list we will have our first (and hopefully only) court date. Our court date is scheduled for December 23! Please pray hard with us that we will pass court on the FIRST try. If this happens we are looking at traveling the end of January. If we have to do more court dates it will push it back to February or longer. Whether or not we pass we will still not find out until January 5th or later due to the holidays. This is going to be SO hard, so to save me from the torture of repeating "I don't know yet" please wait until then to ask about progress:)

On another note, I had a wonderful dream about Gotcha Day. We went to Hannah's hope and picked up our little guy and it was wonderful. He cried at first but then once he was used to us he just snuggled in as I held him. We got to meet one of the staff members from Hannah's Hope and Almaz brought in a blanket of his that she had saved for him. I can't wait until we get to actually experience this and not just dream about it.

9 comments:

Jenny said...

Whitney,
Hey, I just left you an email message, then realized I hadn't checked your blog for a while! I'm so excited for you that you have a date,I bet it's exciting to move on to the next step!!
Jenny L.

Our journey said...

I am so glad you have a court date scheduled, but sorry you have to wait so long to hear anything. I will certainly be praying for you as you wait.

I can not wiat for the dream to become a reality too!

Cassie said...

Oh Whit, I'm so excited for you guys! I wish you'd know for Christmas, but still, what a great Christmas present you will have! I can't believe you're almost there... soon you'll be holding your special little boy. You're dreams are always so vivid, but I bet the real deal will be 100 times better than your dream!

Sunny said...

Hey Whitney! We have the same court date!! Ours is December 23 as well. I'll be praying for you guys. Wouldn't that be a hoot if we got to travel together?!

Sunny

Tiana said...

What great news! I know it is going to be so hard to try and wait patiently, but in the whole scheme of things, it's not really all that far away. I can't wait to see pictures of your new little family some day soon!

thelowreysfour said...

Whitney,
God has always giving you great dreams. Hold on to that one while you are waiting. How exciting that soon you will have your little one in your arms.
Our love and prayers to you,
Carrie

Matt and Emily said...

Congrats on the court date. I stinks that we have to wait so long to hear. Praying that we make it through the first time!!!

nancy said...

hi! just found your blog. we are in billings so i love hearing of other MT families!! blessings on your journey! nancy

nancy said...

yes, i would love to reunite with other MT families.
Barkleysmom@gmail.com