We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life.But those who make their journey home across time & miles,growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands.

--- Kristi Larson

January 5, 2009

Restless Heart

Dad Here
Now that we have our travel dates and our plane tickets are booked and all of the endless amounts of paperwork and countless hours of conversation we have arrived at our travel date. I have been asked by several people if I am excited. I respond with a typical answer of yes we are so excited or something like that. But today I was looking at some blogs of families that have come home with their children and I realized just how much my heart is connected to Malakai. As I looked at all the pictures of the other children home with their families it hit me that I view Malakai just like I view pictures of my daughter. I think the other kids are cute but there is just that parental infatuation with your own children. It almost took me by surprise that even though I have not met my son, I can still look at his picture and know that I feel the same way about him as I do with my daughter. After this revelation I began to realize how anxious I really am to bring our son home. Up to this point the waiting has never really bothered me but as these three weeks leading up to travel are getting under way I already want them to be over. With all the things that we have to get done I know that the time will pass quickly. I just cannot wait to get on the plane and know that we will finally be on our way!


Also with knowing who we are going travel with I look forward to meeting the other families and talking with the other dads in our group. Well, I was inspired by Mike to share my own thoughts. I certainly enjoyed getting to know a little bit about him before we meet and travel. I look to all the new things that this trip will bring. My personal prayer for this trip comes from Psalm 46:10
"Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth."
Among all the busyness of the trip I want to be still and see God exalted!

3 comments:

Cassie said...

I know I've said it already, but I'm so proud of you guys. I can't believe we're old enough to be doing things like adopting a child! I've seen you guys grow so much and I know God gave your special little guy to YOU. We're so thankful to have such great friends who are truly inspiring. But the best part is, I know you won't take any of the credit. ;)

thelowreysfour said...

Your post brought me to tears. Thanks for sharing a bit of your heart. We love you guys and we are so excited for you.

Jenny said...

Hey guys,
I can't wait to meet your little guy! Many thoughts & prayers,
Jenny L.