We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life.But those who make their journey home across time & miles,growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands.

--- Kristi Larson

January 21, 2008

I HAD A DREAM!

As I was thinking of a title for this blog I realized that today is Martin Luther King Jr. Day and I thought how fitting...

I had a dream...a wonderful dream last night of a beautiful Ethiopian boy about 3 years old. As we wandered the dusty roads of his village barefoot he rode on my hip and clung tightly to my neck. We passed several roadside vendors and he would translate the language for me in a sweet little voice. Our connection felt so natural and he seemed completly content to be my child and call me Mom. There was a deep love and trust present, the same that I feel for our daughter when she smiles up at me and says "Hi Mommy." What a beautiful gift of peace this dream was. I had many dreams like this when I was pregnant with our girl as God carefully prepared my heart for the amazing daughter he gave us. I look forward to more of these dreams as we get closer to bringing our son home.

I hope you all have a Dream!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I always forget you always have vivid dreams. I can't wait to hear more! I'm so excited for you guys.
Cas