We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life.But those who make their journey home across time & miles,growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands.

--- Kristi Larson

January 21, 2008

Still waiting to start homestudy

I thought by now we would be starting homestudy interviews, but one of our reference letters had still not come in (almost a month over due now) and I didn't know that until I called last week. We decided to have another couple do one for us so we can get moving. I know that there is a good reason for this delay, but I'm ready to get moving. Our Dossier is done, minus the homestudy and technically our last letter of recommendation that is hiding from me at the Post Office. I was supposed to receive the letter on Wed. of last week, but it came in a day late. Then this happened...

I saw the mail man on my sidewalk with the letter in hand...yippy...wait why is he turning around? Why is he going back to his truck? Why is he driving away with my letter?! So I called the Post Office and the said they would check it out and get back to me...they didn't. So I go in the next day and they say "It isn't here, he must have it and will try to deliver it again today" Great, except he is probably there right now and I'm not. So I get home and find the nice little pink tag on my door that says I can pick up my letter at the PO after 6pm M-F. Okay fine, I'll just get it Monday I think to myself. So this morning I load up some packages and my pink slip and head to the PO and as I walk in I see that it is closed. Why is it closed I think? Oh yeah, it's a holiday. So this darn letter that is waiting to complete my dossier should be coming home TOMORROW! For those of you wondering why the guy left, apparently he slipped and fell before I noticed him. My thinking was that he could still have thrown the letter onto my porch from there...after all it was sent PRIORITY! :) I know all you other adopting Moms know how I feel...I think I am now officially a part of the "Stalk your Mail Man Club" Anyway, that's the update for now.

6 comments:

Michael and Michelle said...

I have been stalking my mailman for a month now waiting for our FDL. I'll probably be stalking him for another month. I just want the letter!!!!!!
I know how you are feeling.
Michelle

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! I'm sure I'd be exactly the same way! :)
I hope you got my thingy in... I sent it before Christmas. Let me know!
Love,
The Chess Family

obligato said...

THAT IS THE FUNNIEST THING! I LOVE IT! I PROBABLY WOULD HAVE TACKLED THE MAN DOWN, HURT OR NOT! :)

Michael and Michelle said...

Did you get your letter today???
Just checking in.
Michelle

Jean said...

Hey guys ... I saw the comment you left on our blog (we're from TN and adopting from El Salvador) ... we're great friends with the Beelers who are also adopting from Ethiopia ... I imagine you will be home with your beautiful baby long before we even get a referal! From what I am understanding, our program may take up to 2 years or so .. which is still better than China ... but waiting is hard when you are so looking forward to your child coming home!! Thanks for the comment, feel free to add my blog to your list of friends to keep up with! Praying for you as well!
Peace,
Jean

The Murphys said...

I laughed out loud when I read this. It probably is some kind of federal offense to stalk the mailman! :) But I agree that he could have AT LEAST thrown it up on the porch before he picked himself off the ground.
Uncle Sean, Aunt Stacy, cousins Seth and Lorelai