We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life.But those who make their journey home across time & miles,growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands.

--- Kristi Larson

May 23, 2008

One month and One year

One month:

Today we have been on the waiting list for exactly one month. It was kind of neat too because we got our bi-weekly update from AGCI and heard that they had a bunch of referrals in the last two weeks! This comes as a great relief because they had close to two months of no referrals. While there weren't any problems and they were just getting paperwork in order it was hard for those at the top of the wait list to see no referrals. I don't know where this puts us on the wait list because I don't know how many of those families were on the boy list too, but when I get our next monthly call I'll let you know. Jared and I are guessing it will be around 18-20.

One year:

It has been exactly one year since Jared and I started talking about adopting from Ethiopia. We officially decided in early June of '07, but I started journaling and praying the last two weeks of May. It is hard to believe that it has been that long already, but also neat to know that this has been a big part of us for a while now. So I felt like these two big milestones were worth a blog post. Yeah!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

1 year already?! That is amazing. Time has just flown by. I bet in a year you'll look back and won't be able to believe you were at the bottom of the waiting list because you are holding your little boy! I can't wait!
~the Chess Family

stacnjul said...

I was so glad to see that things were moving again too! I know it is torture when it seems there is nothing you can do but to wait. Just think, maybe your little guy isn't even born yet and the wait is just him growing and getting ready to be born:) Kyah has been home now for 5 months, I can't even believe it sometimes! I promise, the time will fly by for you too when you have that baby home.

Our journey said...

What great things to remember and bea bale to celebrate your journey. I am hoping our monthly calls will come soon. I too am eager to see what those 9 referrals mean for us.

Amy

Brian and Autumn said...

I can't wait to hear your new numbers!!
Autumn