We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life.But those who make their journey home across time & miles,growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands.

--- Kristi Larson

May 1, 2008

long time no blog...

So a lot has happened since I have blogged last. We left for our Colorado vacation last Thursday and got home yesterday only to turn around and drive 4 more hours for our USCIS finger printing apointment. We have essentially been traveling since Monday, and now I am very happy to be home and back to my blog :) So now that finger printing is done we just wait for our FDL and then keep waiting for our referral. I asked the lady at USCIS how long the turn around has been for the FDL and she said it may be as short as a week! I was really surprised by that, so I guess we'll see. Even though I don't have to wait for the FDL to be on the wait list it will still be nice to have done. In honor of getting our wait list numbers I made necklace charms that I can change out as our number declines. I thought this would be a fun reminder and give me something to look forward to each month when I get "the call."



While we were in Denver this past week we visited a great little Ethiopian restaurant. I LOVED the food!! I told "J" I'm in trouble because the closest ET food is 7 hours away. I didn't get to try tej (sp?) the honey wine because they were out :( I decided this would just have to be something I can look forward to when we travel. I hope to learn to cook some of this food from some fellow adoptive families here in town. All in all it has been a crazy week, but I'm glad to be home and get back to normal. Hope to hear from you all soon.

6 comments:

Our Princess said...

Love the necklace! Great idea! With all the people receiving their travel calls, a bunch of referals must be coming...hopefully you'll get to change your number soon!!!!
Karey

Our journey said...

LOVE the necklace idea! Glad you are home. I find traveling to be so tiring sometimes. There is no place like home!

Amy

stacnjul said...

So glad you were able to try some Ethiopian food! I love it too and we make dishes frequently, it's not too hard, (with the exception of injera, mine never turns out quite right)! We need to get together:)
~Julia

Anonymous said...

The necklace turned out awesome! I'm glad you all made it back safely, but wish you were still here....
Let me know when you have to change out those numbers!
Cas

Unknown said...

That's a wonderful idea. I put pink hearts on my bedroom mirror--an idea clearly stolen from Mike and Michelle's blog. Each Sunday after church I pull one off to show one more week closer to Grace. I estimated about 11 weeks until we get our travel date. I know it could be longer and I will be sad if there are no hearts on the mirror and no Grace in her room. But God will give me patience...He always does.

nell ann said...

I love the necklace! That is such an awesome idea! I can't wait to see your next numbers.

I haven't been able to convince my hub to go eat some ethiopian food yet. But hearing how good it is...maybe I'll just type up everyone else's comments!