We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life.But those who make their journey home across time & miles,growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands.

--- Kristi Larson

October 18, 2008

Referral Day!

Wow, I sure got in trouble for not sharing more info yesterday hehe. For those of you who have not heard, our agency requires that we don't post pictures, names or personal info about the child until he is home, so this will be fairly limited. We will share what we can so here you go. After six days short of six months on the waiting list we finally got to see our baby. Baby "M" is a beautiful 2 month old baby boy. He is so sweet and we were blessed with having 40+ pictures of him. Julie says he has a very unique story, which we are going to keep private. He is healthy, and all his measurements are very good! We feel so lucky to have photos of him from when he was only a few days old. I can't wait for the travel group to take updated pics for us.




Here is how my day went...perfect!

We woke up and had a chiropractor appointment. It was an AMAZINGLY beautiful fall day out side! It has been kind of cloudy and icky before and now today, but for one shining day it was gorgeous. So in honor of the beautiful day I decided to take my daughter to the park and have a picnic lunch with my husband. We got burritos and went to a park near J's work. We ate and played and had a great time. When J's lunch was over he said he had to get back to work, but if he finished up some projects for next week he could get off early. So hearing this I shooed him back to work to hurry up and get done:) Well, I was about ready to pack up and come home but my daughter said "NO, not yet mommy!" So I thought "well, we should stay and enjoy the day more." We did, and not 20 minutes later I hear my phone singing "Africa" by Toto. I think my brain froze so I had to look at the caller ID to see if it was really who I thought it was and sure enough it was! I answered and Julie said I have a little boy to talk to you about. I think my voice got a few pitches higher and I said "Really, I'm so excited!" (they must hear the dumbest things from us moms in that moment ha) So she told me all about him and I tried to take it all in while forming 100s of questions in my mind. After the conversation was over I told A "you are a big sister today" she said quite matter-of-factly, "Yeah, I am" silly girl. So I hung up, called J and left the park right away. J got off work and ended up right behind me in traffic. We were about 15 mins from home but traffic was TERRIBLE! I tried to be patient and finally we made it home and dashed into the house. We spent the whole afternoon looking at pictures, calling friends and family, emailing like crazy and getting in contact with our adoption pediatrician. We had our date night all set up so I got ready as fast as I could and we headed out to celebrate. We had a great dinner of salad and clam chowder. and then we went to a coffee house for dessert and sat and chatted for a while. We were going to bowl but it was league night :( We had a great time! Since we don't have family up here we are going to have a celebration party next Friday I think with friends up here. Any of you CO folk are welcome too!

Thanks for all the congrats we received! It is so nice to have support of good friends, family, and blog stalkers :)

13 comments:

Cassie said...

Oh my gosh...40 pictures! That's great!I'm so excited to share in the excitement with you guys. And I sooo wish we could be up there with you on Friday. We will be with you in thought! Congrats again and keep us updated!

Anonymous said...

Wahoooo! Congrats again!! I'm so excited for you guys and can't wait to find out more! So happy that you had a beautiful day to celebrate together. What a blessing!

Jenn said...

Oh, I'm so excited for you. What a blessing it is to be able to watch your family grow. Can't wait until you can share pictures.

God bless...Zach says congrats too. ;)

Our journey said...

Congratulations Whitney! This is so exciting. We were blessed with a bunch of pictures too. It has only been two weeks and her picture is plastered around the house and I have a little album i carry around with me : ) Have fun living in this exciting place.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you guys!

thelowreysfour said...

What a blessing to have such a perfect day!
My heart was filled with excitement when I read the news!
I wish we could be there to celebrate with you. Congrats.

Our Princess said...

WOOHOOOOO!!!! So happy for you guys!!! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Whitney! So glad to hear your wonderful news. I know you have been waiting so long. Even though you did not get your referral on Wyatt's birthday- today was Grandpa Morrison's birthday! I am sure he is grinning up in heaven at the thought of a great-grandson! Our Love, Aunt Regie

Michael and Michelle said...

I am so happy for you guys!!! Congrats!! Now you get to buy some blue!

Michelle

Kristi J said...

how exciting!! It brought tears to my eyes...Congrats, I can't wait to be in your shoes. Kristi Johnson

Brian and Autumn said...

WooHoo!! I am so excited for you! Isn't is such a surreal moment? I was in such shock for about a week! I am so so so so happy for you guys!!! Autumn

Anonymous said...

SOOOOOOOO excited for you!! SOOOOO happy for you!! What a wonderful day and wonderful gift from the Lord!!

Melissa said...

YEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOWWWWWWWWWW!!! So very excited for you! Great story. Great day. Congratulations.