We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life.But those who make their journey home across time & miles,growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands.

--- Kristi Larson

October 15, 2008

Since the phone isn't ringing...

I have been trying to keep myself so busy that I don't have time to wonder if the phone is going to ring, so here is what we did today.

I had heard from another adoptive mom here in town that a shop had ET chicken crepes so we decided to go try them for lunch. Much to my disappointment they no longer make them :( We tried other things from the menu and they were good, but I was definitely disappointed! After lunch we were walking back to our car and passed a few shops that I'd never been to (we were down town). We passed a game store and my daughter said "lets go in here mom" at first my defalt mommy "No" was going to come out but then I thought well, why not it looks neat and I've never been in there. So we went in and looked around. They had some really cool puzzles and I was hoping to find an African one. Well, sure enough they did have some. There are two REALLY cool ones that were a little pricey but I did find a fun one for $7. Here are some pictures of it. I plan to glue it and hang it on our little guy's wall.





The puzzle is 100 pieces almost 4 feet long. My daughter had fun putting it together with me. When we were done she said "It's Africa, we made if for "M" my brother" How cute is that!! So this was a good distraction for the day. I hope I can keep myself distracted for as long as it takes to get THE CALL.

2 comments:

Cassie said...

How neat! I always think it would be fun to go check out new unique stores like that, but always worry about taking the kiddos. I bet you two had fun. The puzzle is neat, it fits right in with the other things you've gotten!
I'm proud of your patience, waiting for the call. Hang in there, it's coming... I can feel it! :)

Dawn said...

Great idea with the puzzle!!