We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life.But those who make their journey home across time & miles,growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands.

--- Kristi Larson

October 6, 2008

Okay for those of you (Cassie) who are checking our blog hoping to hear new numbers, we still have not heard. I was really thinking we would today, but no word yet. I know that AGCI is planning on giving out new numbers this week through email, and I'm hoping that we also get a call. Since I think we are #2 we should be getting a call to go over the referral process even if we don't have our referral quite yet. A friend of mine who is number 1 on the girl list got this call a week ago and I have been hoping for the call soon too. Now that courts are open things should be processing again, but I know it will take some time for them to get caught up and back to normal. I kind of feel like we are sitting in traffic and the light is green way up ahead but we have to wait for all the other cars to start driving before we can actually start going ourselves. While I am very anxious and excited I am still managing to maintain a peaceful and patient attitude about the wait which is only due to knowing that the Lord has his timing. This attitude may change very quickly if we go another two weeks with zero referrals, but I'm trying my best and the Lord is calming me. For those of you who know me well I hope you can see how clearly this peace is from God because you know how impatient and passionate I usually am. The thought just came to my mind that God did the same thing to me while I was pregnant. I was so laid back and calm durring pregnancy (aside from the normal crying at the drop of a hat). I didn't have severe mood swings I just felt calm and at ease and that is overall how I feel now which is SO nice, what a blessing! I can't say that this will continue while I'm waiting to travel, but I'll take what I can get :)

6 comments:

Dawn said...

I've been checking your blog all night as well!! hehe... It's just so exciting when referrals come out! Hoping you hear something soon!

Our journey said...

Praying for you guys Whitney. Stay with the peace. It makes life at the top of the list so much easier!

Erin said...

Thanks for stopping by, I've got you on my list too!
Erin

Jana said...

Oh my gosh, so close!!!

Cassie said...

Keep hanging in there... And I'll keep calling you when God nudges me to! ;)

thelowreysfour said...

Aaron and I are super excited for you guys! I keep checking your blog hoping to see new updates. I'm so glad God is giving you such peace during the waiting time. We are so much alike in that area...it's so hard to sit and wait. We love you all so much, you are in our hearts and prayers.